Mar 4, 2015

Who Was That?

This keeps happening:

I'm in a public place, someone comes up and says hi to me, we converse, and then say goodbye. And the whole time, I have no idea who that person is.

It happened today. She had sunglasses, a sense of humor, spiritual insights, and a nice hug. Sounds like I'm leaving a "missed connections" post on craigslist, only this person knew who I was and assumed that I also knew who she was.

And the reverse happens too: I'm in a public place, someone comes up and says hi to me and then tells me who they are, just incase I can't figure it out. And most of the time I say, "I know who you are!" because there's a lot of shame around not recognizing someone familiar, even if it's for a retinal reason.

I've been logging these vision-related situations here online, and also doodle journaling in a notebook. This entry seems apropos:
The arrow is pointing to a pair of dark glasses under the caption, "hiding dark glasses behind back."

No comments:

Post a Comment