Feb 14, 2015

What Color Are My Clothes, Part 2

Update: The other day I bought a new hoodie, not really sure of its color, so I posted a swatch of it on this blog and asked for clues as to its hue. Someone wrote back saying it was mostly grey, and after hearing this I saw the hoodie as completely grey… Until today. 

This morning I was with my friend, wearing a red shirt and some maybe light grey or tan pants. When I put on the sweatshirt, my friend said, "How patriotic." Patriotic? "Yeah, you're wearing red, white and blue." Two pieces of news: My pants are off-white, and the sweatshirt is not grey, but definitively blue. 

With this new information, I now see my hoodie and as a vivid blue, when just a few hours ago it appeared as a drab grey, and a couple days back I was unsure of it being any particular color. My friend's certainty has stddenly cemented my certainty: it is blue. And that's all my eyes can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment