Nov 23, 2015

Hot Noir

After a hiatus, I'm reopening this blog to resume reporting on my own vision loss and share news around the solo show I've made about it. One piece of news is that I'll perform the show again on December 6th. Get info for that here.

Another bit of news is that I'll be sharing space at a collectively run studio in a big factory building. The building's management has simplified the heating situation by installing pellet stoves for all their tenants—just buy your own pellets and you can heat your own space. Here's what the stove's control panel display looks like:
The contrast on this screen is far to low for me to see, meaning that I can't operate the stove. I wondered if taking a picture of it would make it visible, and then saw a camera setting on my phone called "noir". It made the display look like this:
Totally visible to me! I always loved film noir for the same reasons. The high contrast between black and white is easier for me to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment