Jan 1, 2015

Blinded by the Light

I have a system for cleaning the apartment: back to front. I start in the kitchen, hit the dishes and fridge, trash, compost and recycling, then move onto living room, bathroom, hallway and bedroom. But the other day, I had to scramble the order because sunlight shone a bit too brightly through the kitchen's windows.

Photophobia, literally "fear of light", is one of the many symptoms of Cone Dystrophy. While I've long since gotten over light as a source of fear, I still can't see when things are too bright. So I waited a few hours to clean the kitchen, and then it was too late—it was time to do other things. So the dishes sat, the fridge remained cluttered, and this impeded my ability to prepare meals the following day. 

This doesn't happen all the time, but often enough that I should probably rig up some window shades so that I can just my dishes whenever I please. But I do love the sunlight streaming in through the kitchen windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment