Jun 9, 2015

"31 Eyes"

I have a confession to make: This is not the first blog I've made about vision. It is the second.

In 2010 I wrote a month-long blog called 31 Eyes (one for each of day of the month) that featured daily tips toward improving one's vision. See it here.

I based a lot of 31 Eyes' material on the work of natural vision therapists like William H. Bates and Meir Schneider. Today in rehearsal we looked at one of Schneider's "Yoga for the Eyes" videos. This one:


It's amazing to revisit this work and to remember how helpful it was in bringing relaxation to my eyes as well as improvements to my vision. 5 years after making 31 Eyes and 18 years after adopting Schneider's methods, I say watch this video, have a look at the blog, and try these exercises. We might also be doing some together during the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment